The Mission of Great Lakes Adult & Teen Challenge
God wants us to know freedom from addiction and destructive behavior. While this world promises freedom outside of God’s established boundaries, the road leads to entrapment–and a life out of control.
Adult & Teen Challenge drug rehab and alcohol recovery is a Christian Discipleship program for persons with life controlling addictions. Our ultimate goal is to bring a person into a right relationship with the Lord so they may live responsibly.
Great Lakes Adult & Teen Challenge creates an environment where people can experience God. Recovery begins when an addict views life through God’s lens. Our participants learn to establish new boundaries, and enjoy the freedom that comes from living within them.
Facing our fears, failures, and disappointments is painful, but it is necessary to open our hearts to clarity and order. Then we begin to assume responsibility for our thoughts, choices, who we call friends, where we go, how we treat others, and how we react to situations.
The Seven R’s of a Responsible Culture
- Reverence for God – Living out God’s Word and Gaining his Perspective
- Respect for Others – Honoring Other’s Boundaries to Establish Meaningful Relationships
- Repentance – Learning to Admit “I’m Wrong” and Having a Desire to Change
- Retribution – Learning to Accept the Rewards of Right and Corrections of Wrong Behaviors
- Restitution – Learning to Make Things Right When We’ve Been Wrong
- Restoration – Learning to Ask/Give Forgiveness and Committing to Rebuild Relational Trust
- Rejoicing – Celebrating God’s Favor That Comes from Living Out These Principles
At Adult & Teen Challenge, our Culture of Responsibility holds ourselves responsible to face our own actions. It is our belief that when there’s no place to put the blame but on ourselves, we see the need to ask God to challenge us to change.